More information on earthquake prone buildings, FAQ
For frequently asked questions, refer to What the system for managing earthquake-prone buildings means for you on the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) website or the Council owned buildings FAQ.
Links to other earthquake information
- AF8 (Alpine Fault magnitude 8) planning and preparing for a coordinated response after a severe earthquake
- MBIE – Canterbury Earthquake Guidance (technical, homeowners, commercial)
- The Seismic Assessment of Existing Buildings website July 2017 Resource for engineers
- Reconciling Differing Seismic Assessments An Engineering NZ Service for owners, engineers, tenants
- Trafalgar Centre: What you need to know, Live Nelson, 30 April 2015
- MBIE - Earthquake-prone buildings policy framework
- Seismic Assessment and Retrofit of Unreinforced Masonry Buildings website
- Canterbury Earthquakes Royal Commission website
- MBIE Practice Advisory 13 Egress Stairs: Earthquake checks needed for some, September 2011
- BRANZ Earthquake Repair and Rebuilding Information website
For earthquake Civil Defence information please visit the Nelson Tasman Civil Defence website.