Land Information Memorandum (LIM) Reports
If you are considering purchasing a property, you can request a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) report. Nelson City Council will prepare a report that details relevant information and any restrictions for the site. The report will contain contemporary and historical information that is held by the council regarding the site. It is recommended that a LIM report is requested prior to purchasing any property.
A LIM report can contain information such as:
- Any special features of the land that Council knows about including the downhill movement, gradual sinking or wearing away of any land, the falling of rock or earth, flooding of any type and possible contamination or hazardous substances.
- Information on private and public stormwater and sewerage drains held by the Council.
- Rates information.
- Any consents, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings.
- Resource Management Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings.
- Any other classifications on the land or buildings notified to the Council by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 2004.
- Any other information the Council deems relevant.
Applying for a LIM
You will need to include a copy of the current certificate of title – this certificate of title must be less than 3 months old - and your payment with your completed application form. You should read the statutory declarations on the form thoroughly before submitting your application.
The current application fees for a LIM report are:
Residential - $285 (GST included)
Commercial and Industrial - $440 (GST included)
Completed application forms and payment can be sent to:
Nelson City Council
PO Box 645
It may take up to 10 working days to process a LIM request. Please be aware the LIM clock starts the first working day after a complete LIM Application is received. If the application is received after 2pm on a working day, the date of receipt will be the next working day.