Urban Development Capacity
The National Policy Statement (NPS) on Urban Development Capacity which came into force late 2017, requires Tasman and Nelson Councils to work closer together to provide sufficient housing and business capacity for the “Nelson Main Urban Area”.
Two of the main requirements of the NPS-UDC are:
- quarterly monitoring of a large number of indicators of housing and business demand and supply. This exercise had to commence by June 2017 with an increased number of indicators to be added in future monitoring reports.
- Completion of a capacity assessment and an accompanying report.
More information on the NPS-UDC is available at http://www.mfe.govt.nz/udc.
Urban Development Capacity Monitoring Reports
Below are quarterly Urban Development Capacity reports. The first report is for the three months ending March 2017.
- Urban Development Capacity Monitoring Report June 2017 (733KB PDF)
- Urban Development Capacity Monitoring Report March 2017 (715KB PDF)
- Urban Development Capacity Monitoring Report Dec 2017 (923KB PDF)
Urban Development Capacity Assessment
The capacity assessment is currently underway. Once the assessment report is complete it will be published here.