Amendment to Speed Limits Bylaw
Amendment 1 to the Speed Limits Bylaw was approved on 29 August 2013 and came into effect on 30 September 2013. The Amendment provided additional variable speed zones to Schedule M of the Bylaw, which relate to the following Nelson schools:
- St Josephs School
- Hampden Street School
- Nelson College
- Nelson College for Girls
- Nelson Intermediate School
- Victory School (extension of existing zone)
- Tahunanui School (extension of existing zone)
A variable speed school zone requires motorists to slow down to 40km/hr at the beginning and end of the school day, making it safer for children arriving and leaving school.
A copy of the original Statement of Proposal is available below.
- Statement of Proposal (1.2MB PDF)
- Summary of Statement of Proposal (113KB PDF)
- TDG Transportation Assessment Report (13MB PDF)
- Approval of Bylaw Amendment (16KB PDF)
For any enquiries regarding this Bylaw amendment please contact the Policy Adviser on +64 33 546 0388 or by email at email@example.com