Bylaw 226 City Amenity Bylaw
Council recently adopted a bylaw, called the City Amenity Bylaw, aims to help manage the safety and amenity of our central city and suburban shopping areas.
The bylaw come into effect on 11 September 2017.
This bylaw relates to city amenity, (use of spaces, addressing lighting, and the blocking of retail windows), and to safety (no sleeping overnight without permission, notifying Council of organised events that could impact road users or general public).
- Download the City Amenity Bylaw (4.8MB PDF)
- City Amenity Bylaw pamphlet (2.6MB PDF)
- Maps of City Centres associated with the City Amenity Bylaw (2MB PDF)
- See the Frequently Asked Questions
- Application form for Obstruction of Signage (146KB PDF)
- Application form for Sleeping in City Centres (142KB PDF)
- Application form for use of public amenities (146KB PDF)
- Notification of Event form (145KB PDF)
- Upper Trafalgar Street and 1903 Event Booking Form 10Mar2021 (202KB PDF)
- Upper Trafalgar Street and 1903 Event Booking Form 10Mar2021 (384KB DOCX)