Central city roads for the Santa Parade
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
Pursuant to the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given that the Nelson Santa Parade Trust will temporarily close the following roads to ordinary vehicle traffic for the Nelson Santa Parade. It will be an offence under this Act for any person without an authorised permit to use the roads for ordinary vehicle traffic during the period of closure.
Date of closures: Sunday 4 December 2016. In the case of inclement weather, Sunday 11 December 2016. The closures:
- HATHAWAY TERRACE from Trafalgar Street to Hathaway Car Park from 1pm until 2pm. Residential parking and property access on Hathaway Terrace will not be stopped except when the parade moves along the Terrace, in which case access will be permitted at the discretion of the traffic marshal.
- HATHAWAY CAR PARK and TRAFALGAR PARK LANE from 9am until 2pm. Access for businesses on Trafalgar Park Lane will not be stopped. A coned parking area will be provided for Hathaway Court residents in Hathaway Car Park. These residents may exit via Hathaway Court.
- HALIFAX STREET at the Trafalgar Street intersection, from 1:15pm until 1:45pm while the parade moves through the traffic signals.
- SELWYN PLACE from Rutherford Street to Morrison Street, from 9am until 1:15pm
- TRAFALGAR STREET from Elliot Street to Halifax Street, from 1:00pm until 1:45pm.
- TRAFALGAR STREET from Halifax Street to Selwyn Place, from 12:15pm until 1:45pm
- CHURCH STREET from Selwyn Place to Hardy Street, from 9am until 1:15pm
The following roads will be closed where they intersect the above roads: GROVE STREET, NEW STREET, WAKATU LANE, BRIDGE STREET, HARDY STREET, PARK STREET, TRAFALGAR SQUARE WEST, TRAFALGAR SQUARE EAST and MORRISON STREET.
Nelson City Council thanks the public for its patience and understanding.
Clare Hadley, Chief Executive