RC 16-049 Various streets adjacent to Nelson schools
PROPOSED TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
Pursuant to the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given that Nelson City Council proposes to temporarily close the following roads to ordinary vehicle traffic. It will be an offence under this Act for any persons without an authorised permit to use the roads for ordinary vehicle traffic during the period of closure. The roads to be closed:
- NILE STREET EAST from Tasman Street to Domett Street on Thu 9 March 2017 from 9:15 am until 11 am and from 12:15 pm until 2:30 pm
- NORWICH STREET between the two Leicester Street intersections on Tue 7 March 2017 from 9 am until 2:30 pm
- RANUI ROAD from Willow Avenue to Titoki Street on Wed 8 March 2017 from 1 pm until 2:45 pm
- RUI STREET from Tahunanui Drive to Muritai Street on Wed 8 March 2017 from 9 am until 11:30 am
- TIPAHI STREET from Motueka Street to Tukuka Street on Mon 6 March 2017 from 9 am until noon.
- TOTARA STREET from Vanguard Street to St Vincent Street on Mon 6 March 2017 from 12:30 pm until 2:45 pm
Access to and from properties within the closed sections of road will be provided if necessary, but there may be delays of up to 15 minutes.
This closure is for vehicle stopping distance demonstrations, a road safety programme for children.
Any person wishing to give feedback about this proposal is requested to do so in writing by Friday 10 February 2017, attention Mark Hollows of Nelson City Council, P O Box 645, Nelson, or email email@example.com. The decision of whether the roads will be closed will be advertised on Council’s website at www.nelson.govt.nz.
Nelson City Council thanks the public for its patience and understanding.
Clare Hadley, Chief Executive