Long Term Plan 2018-28
Council adopted the Long Term Plan 2018-28 on 21 June 2018. The Long Term Plan sets out Council’s programme of works over the next 10 years.
Nelson is the Smart Little City. It is a vibrant place - where we are deeply connected with, and committed to, our natural, social and cultural environment. Clever business and innovation help us thrive. We enjoy living fulfilled lives in smart, sustainable communities.
This is our vision for our city, and guides us as we deliver the Long Term Plan 2018-2028. This vision helps us shape our efforts as we keep the key question in our minds - where do we, as a city, want to be in 10 years’ time? Read more
The Long Term Plan will also be available at Council libraries and at the Customer Service Centre.
Our Top Four Priorities for the next 10 Years
- CBD development
- Lifting Council performance.
- Submissions were invited between 23 March and 23 April 2018.
- 434 submissions were received.
- Hearings were held on 7-9 May 2018.
- Council deliberations occurred on 15, 16 and 17 May 2018
- Council adopted the Long Term Plan on 21 June 2018
View the original consultation documents below:
- Nelson Long Term Plan Consultation Document (12MB PDF)
- Rates Remission Policy [draft] (159KB PDF)
- Revenue and Financing Policy [draft] (313KB PDF)
- Infrastructure Strategy [draft] (1.7MB PDF)
- Community Outcomes [draft] (24KB PDF)
- Financial Strategy [draft] (304KB PDF)
- Liability Management Policy (162KB PDF)
- Forecasting Assumptions [draft] (134KB PDF)
- Maori participation in Council Decision Making [draft] (69KB PDF)
- Investment Policy (146KB PDF)
- Accounting Policies - Financial Statements [draft] (276KB PDF)
- Council Activity summaries [draft] (729KB PDF)
- Funding Impact Statement [draft] (189KB PDF)
- Council Controlled Organisations [draft] (177KB PDF)
A summary of the decisions made by Council as part of the consideration of submissions can be read in the following media releases and the Our Nelson edition to be published in July 2018:
- Download the Our Nelson Long Term Plan Issue (6.3MB PDF)
- Council supports biodiversity through Sanctuary funding
- Nelson City Council to support hospice with new community facility
- Nelson allocates funding for Waimea Dam project