Plan Change A2
Alignment with NES for Air Quality
operative 9 july 2012
Council appointed an Independent Commissioner to hear and make decisions on submissions on proposed Council Plan Change A2. No hearing was eventually needed for Plan Change A2, however the Independent Commissioner was still required to make decisions on the submissions made. These decisions were publicly notified on 7 April 2012.
No appeals were lodged in relation to Plan Change A2, and at its meeting on 26 June 2012 the Council gave its approval and set an operative date of 9 July 2012.
Plan Change A2 proposes to make two changes to the operative Nelson Air Quality Plan to align it with the National Environmental Standards for Air Quality (NES). The Government recently amended the NES to increase the time for compliance with the standard for particle matter (PM10). This Plan Change proposes to:
i) Amend the target dates for compliance with the PM10 standard in Policy A5-1.4 to align them with the new NES dates, and
ii) remove that part of the rule requiring the compulsory phase-out of domestic enclosed burners in Airsheds A and B1 installed after 1 January 2000 and which are not compliant with the emission requirements in the Air Quality Plan i.e. essentially burners installed 2000 - 2003 (when the Air Quality Plan was notified).
Documents and downloads
- Public notice of proposed Plan Change A2 (44KB PDF)
- Plan Change A2 - Proposed Plan Amendments (366KB PDF)
- Plan Change A2 - Section 32 Report (1MB PDF)
- Plan Change A2 – Public Notice of Submissions (47KB PDF)
- Plan Change A2 – Summary of Decisions Requested (38KB PDF)
- Plan Change A2 - Public Notice of Decisions (29KB PDF)
- Plan Change A2 - Report and Decisions on Submissions (171KB PDF)
- Plan Change A2 - Public Notice of Operative Date (22KB PDF)
A copy of the proposed Plan Change is also available for viewing at the Nelson City Council Customer Service Centre or any of Nelson’s libraries.
For more information contact the Principal Adviser - City Development on +64 3 546 0432.