Best Little Woodshed competition 2018
The Best Little Woodshed Competition 2018 has closed. Look out for the next Best Little Woodshed competition in January 2019
Win free firewood, chimney cleans and wood burner safety checks.
Looking for a summer project? How about building a new wood shed or sprucing up your existing one?
Summer is the best time to buy firewood and get it dry ready for burning in winter.
How you store the wood makes a big difference to how quickly it dries and how well it will burn.
We are looking for great examples of wood storage ideas people have come up with to keep their wood dry for winter.
Vouchers for a cord of firewood, chimney cleans and wood burner safety checks.
The Judges’ Choice
The best three woodsheds will each receive a voucher for one cord of firewood from a Good Wood Supplier
Photo entries will be loaded on to Council’s facebook page. The image with the most number of likes will win its owner a free chimney clean and woodburner check.
- The competition is open to residents and ratepayers of Nelson City area only. Nelson City Councillors and Council staff are not eligible to enter.
- The woodshed/ storage idea must be situated within the Nelson City Council boundaries, and must be the property of the person entering the competition.
- Judges will shortlist the finalists and may want to visit the shortlisted properties.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must include a minimum of one photograph.
- Entries close at 5pm on Friday 23 February 2018
- Results will be announced in Our Nelson Issue 40, 7 March 2018
- For further information or inspiration refer to the Storing Firewood information sheet.