Small grants for reducing waste at events
Public and community events can create a lot of waste which often ends up in landfill.
Events offer a great opportunity to reduce waste going to landfill and to educate and support people to avoid or reduce the creation of waste.
Nelson City Council has a funding pool of $10,000 available to support the avoidance or reduction of waste at events. This funding is available in the form of small grants of up to $250, and applications are open from 7 January until 30 June 2019, unless the fund has been fully allocated prior to that date. Read more about reducing waste at events.
Who can apply for a grant?
Event organisers (school, community or commercial) – one grant per event per year.
When can event organisers apply?
Applications are open from 7 January to 30 June 2019, or until all the funding has been allocated.
- The grant may be used to cover all or part the cost of services or products directly contributing to avoiding/reducing the creation of waste at a public event (community, school or commercial).
- The grant must be for an event taking place in the Nelson City Council boundary.
- The activity must support the outcomes of the Nelson Tasman Joint waste management and minimisation plan by avoiding or reducing the creation of waste
- A maximum of one grant per event per year of up to $250 is available for part or all of the cost of eligible services or activities (subject to funds being available).
- The grant may not be used to cover employee, travel or other operational costs.
- A quote should be provided for the cost for which the grant request is being made, after which a purchase order will be provided if the application is successful. The grant may only be used for the purpose advised on the purchase order, and no additional expenses or claims will be considered.
- Complete the application form.
- Your application will be reviewed against the criteria and you will receive a response within ten working days of receipt.
- Hold your event.
- Tell us how much waste you managed to avoid/reduce, and submit your invoice for the approved expense within one month of your event.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com