Environmental Programmes Adviser
Need help enhancing or protecting the natural values of your land - native trees, lakes, waterways, or coastal margins? The valuable free services of the Nelson City Council Environmental Programmes Adviser can help.
We're here to assist - not impose
Nelson City rural residents and property owners
- Do you need assistance or advice to help enhance or protect the natural values of your land?
- Are your native trees struggling to compete with pests and weeds?
- Did you know that you can borrow traps?
- Would you like to be considered for receiving plants for your revegetation project?
What we can do
The Nelson City Environmental Programmes Adviser is available to assist you by providing information and resources to support and promote sustainable land management.
Whatever stage your project is at we may be able to help. At your invitation the Environmental Programmes Adviser can come out to look over your property with you, or specific areas of your property that you have selected.
Alternatively an information pack can be sent out to you including any of the following:
- Funding sources for protection and enhancement projects, e.g. erosion, riparian planting
- Rural Fencing Grants Programme
- Pest Trapping Groups
- Biosecurity and Pest Management
- Open space covenants
- Landcare grants
- Herbicide information
- Streamside planting
- Living Heritage plant guide
- Eco-sourced plants and where to purchase them
- Useful website
Bush Vitality Assessment
Bush Vitality Assessment, Growing Common Futures (68KB PDF) is an essential tool for people, dedicated to sustainable land management and ready to revitalise native bush to maintain its unique biodiversity.
Email the Environmental Programmes Adviser, call 546 0200 and ask for the Environmental Programmes Adviser or
Nelson City Council
PO Box 645