Anzac Day 2019
Lest we forget. ANZAC Day is a day of remembrance of those New Zealand and Australian soldiers who fought and died for their country.
The Nelson community is invited to attend services and lay a personal wreath or poppy at any of the events below.
Thursday 25 April 2019
- ANZAC Dawn Service, ANZAC Park, 5.30 – 7 am
- ANZAC Day Commemoration, The War Memorial on Piki Mai (Church Hill), 9.15 – 9.45am
- Stoke Civic ANZAC Service, Stoke Memorial Hall, 10 am – 12.15pm
Manuhiri (guests) assemble for Welcome on to Whakatū Marae, Service for 28 Māori Battalion D Company, 10 am.
Wreath laying Whakatū Marae, 11 am.
Other wreath-laying services with the last post at:
- 8 am, Wakapuaka Services Cemetery
- 8.30am, Boer War Memorial – Queens Gardens
- 10 am, Returned Services Section – Marsden Valley Cemetery
For more information, including march start times, please see the Nelson Heritage Festival programme