Drone Consent Request

Commercial and recreational users of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS or 'Drones') no longer need consent to operate on Council owned or operated land.

Drones or model aircraft can be launched and landed and flown above Nelson City Council-owned parks and reserves but that they come under the control of the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand (CAA) and the Civil Aviation Rules Part 101.