Nelson is currently ORANGE on the COVID-19 Protection Framework. Learn about our services during this time.
Requirements of a good cart
- Simple but quirky design.
- Minimal size/ compact/ in scale.
- No more than 2.2m long x 1.8m wide x 2.2m high.
- Small wheels - low to pavement.
- Colours are sympathetic to the paving bricks (particularly the bottom half)
- No 'shiny' surfaces (zincalume etc)
- Roofs are soft and light.
- Canvas awnings for weather protection.
- Simple clear signage.
- The carts are safe with no protrusions, particularly at eye or shin level. Preferable that towbar is retractable.
- Carts are light, easy to tow, set up and pack up.
- They are stable in the wind.
- They are registered with current WOF.
- Litter bins are provided and removed by vendor when leaving the site.
- Sites are left spotless after each day’s operation.