Second Hand Sunday
Second Hand Sunday is an opportunity to re-home household goods. It happens across the region - from Tasman Bay to Golden Bay - and is run in partnership with Tasman District Council.
Register your addressThe next event happens 13 February 2022. Please note, Secondhand Sunday starts at 9am and finishes at 2pm.
Future Second Hand Sunday Dates
- 13 February 2022 [register now]
- 15 May 2022
- 14 August 2022
- 13 November 2022
What to do
- Sort and collect your items.
- You can register your address before 10am the Friday prior, to go onto the participating households list.
- You will be able to download the participant list from 12pm the Friday before. It will also be available from Council. A map of participants will also be available at the same time as the participant list.
- Print the letterbox poster (302KB PDF) to show on the day. Copies of the poster will also be available from Council's Customer Service Centre.
- Put your items on your driveway before 9am.
- Bring in any remaining items at the end of the day.
What to put out for collection
Please do not include items such as food or dangerous goods, like faulty electrical equipment, chemicals, or firearms. Items should be placed in your driveway and not on the footpath.
The event will take place come rain or shine. It is up to the householder to put items out or not. Please respect the 9am start time. Also, please do not enter the property if there are no items outside on the day.
Please remember you are responsible for taking back indoors anything that isn’t taken on the day. You can also consider donating unwanted items to op shops if they are in good condition – for a list of local opshops check out our opshop map.
If you are putting out goods for people to forage, at Covid 19 Alert Level 2 please consider providing either a paper register or a QR code for visitors to complete for contact tracing purposes. For privacy purposes, we recommend using a box and slips rather than a register. You can download register slips or create a QR Code on the Government's Covid-19 website. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe.
If you’re planning to forage on the day, please be a considerate collector:
- Wait until 9am before you start foraging, to give everyone a fair chance.
- If you like the look of something, take the whole item. Don't deconstruct or take only parts of an item.
- Pass on a friendly thanks if you see the property owner, and have fun foraging!