Temporary Traffic Management

If you're wanting to complete work on any public space or Council-owned road reserve, you will need approval. This page explains how to get it.

Firstly, apply for Traffic Management Plan approval. The plan will need to detail:

  • the location of the planned work;
  • what type of work is planned; and
  • the start and finish dates.

The Plan must be submitted to Council for approval before any work starts. Download a plan document template here (1.2MB DOCX).

If you require a temporary speed restriction please download and complete this form (51KB DOCX) too.

Traffic Management Plans must be prepared by a qualified Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS).

If you need any assistance in finding a local STMS or any other aspect of the Traffic Management Process contact the Network Coordinator, Phone: 03 265 6978.

State Highways.

The New Zealand Transport Agency manage the State Highways. Traffic management applications for State Highways in the Nelson region should be made through their agents Opus International Consultants at tmp.nelson@opus.co.nz  or phone 03 548 1099.

Further Information

For further information please contact Customer Service +64 3 546 0200 or enquiry@ncc.govt.nz

Further information on Traffic Management Plans can also be found on the NZTA website