Building consent fees
All applications are subject to the following payments:
- Submission: deposit paid upon application (non-refundable)
- Consent issue: additional costs will be invoiced and must be paid prior to issue of consent, including:
- staff time at hourly charge out rate in excess of deposit (minus system fee)
- estimated inspection fees
- levies and development contributions as applicable
- CCC issue: outstanding costs must be paid prior to issue of CCC, including:
- additional staff time at hourly charge out rate
- additional inspection fees
Below is a list of fees and charges for building consents for Nelson City. All fees apply from 1 July 2021.
Building consents may also incur development contributions.
From 1 December 2021 you will be able to pay building consent fees within the simpli portal. Alternatively see general information on how to pay for consent fees.