Urban Environments Bylaw 225
This Bylaw is currently being reviewed. You can find out more at shape.nelson.govt.nz/nelson-urban-environments-bylaw. The submission period runs from 8 November to 8 December 2021.
Seven of Nelson’s existing bylaws have been combined in the new Urban Environments Bylaw, which will take effect from 2 June 2015. It covers: keeping of animals, urban amenity, trading in public places, control of alcohol in public places, reserves, and burial and cremations.
Combining these topics into one bylaw makes it easier to keep track of the bylaw provisions that apply in Nelson’s urban areas. Copies of the bylaw are available at the Customer Service Centre and download.
- Bylaw 225 - Urban Environments Bylaw (433KB PDF)
- Application form for Exemption Alcohol in Public Places (214KB PDF)
- Standards for the Erection of Memorials Headstones or other structures (260KB PDF)
- Commercial Services Application Form (85KB PDF)
- Itinerant Traders and Mobile Shops Application Form (69KB PDF)
- Retail Displays on Footpaths Application Form (69KB PDF)
- Soliciting donations or other contributions Selling Lottery Tickets Application Form (69KB PDF)