Kakenga Road Watermain Upgrade
Pursuant to the Local Government Act 1974, notice is hereby given that Nelmac will temporarily close the roads listed below to ordinary vehicle. It will be an offence under this Act for any persons without an authorised permit to use the road for ordinary vehicle traffic during the period of closure.
The road to be closed: Kakenga Road
The road closure will be in effect from 8am to 6pm starting from Monday, May 13th, 2019 to Friday, June 7th, 2019. The following measures will be put in place to facilitate access during the construction
- The trench for the new watermain will be backfilled to road level at the end of each working day to allow vehicle access during the evening.
- Full vehicle access to your property will be available from 6pm to 8am, Monday to Friday and full unrestricted access on weekends and public holidays.
- Access will be available to emergency services at all times.
- Assistance will be provided to postal and courier deliveries throughout the construction period.
- Assistance will be provided to pedestrians and cyclists to allow access during construction.
- In the event of heavy rainfall, construction work will temporarily stop and full vehicle access will be made available.
- Arrangements will be made for Kakenga resident’s to park their vehicles on nearby streets (The Ridgeway and Marsden Road)
- Rubbish & Recycling collection will not be impacted, but we ask that all Rubbish and Recycling is put out before 8a.m on your usual collection day.
Nelson City Council thanks the public for its patience and understanding.