Welcome to Summer Events in Nelson
Summer in Nelson and Tasman is a special time: shimmering waters, blue skies, gold and white-sand beaches, mountain vistas plus bustling towns and a vibrant city mean there are few better places to be!
Beyond the natural attractions, there are many other reasons to visit and enjoy our extraordinary corner of the world.
This summer, Nelson and Tasman are playing host to a treasure-trove of events that will give the holiday season extra sparkle. From sports and family-friendly outdoor events to world-class music, arts and entertainment, if you're in Nelson or Tasman this summer, there will be something you'll want to see.
A few highlights are:
- The Teddy Bears' picnic - an ever-popular family favourite
- New Year's Eve Countdown – a party atmosphere and free music in Nelson City featuring a special kids' countdown at 9.30pm before the main event leading up to midnight
- Summer Movies Al Fresco – screenings of classic movies at various beautiful parks and reserves throughout our region
- Tahuna Summer Sounds – two evenings of talented local performers playing beach-side at Tahunanui Beach
- Nelson Buskers' Festival - international and national entertainers amaze and delight
- Nelson Opera in The Park - a stellar line-up performing classical and contemporary music with the spectacular NZ Symphony Orchestra promises a magical evening.
This year's Summer Events programme (3.6MB PDF) will be out late November and is full of fun entertainment for all ages with something for both visitors and locals to savour. The printed booklet, produced by Nelson City Council and Tasman District Council, is available throughout the region at i-SITES, Nelson City Council and Tasman District Council customer services areas.
For a full line-up of Council and community events in the Nelson Tasman region, go to www.itson.co.nz.
We look forward to seeing you around the region this summer.
The Summer Events Team