Iwi Management Plans
Iwi Management Plans are lodged by Iwi authorities and received by Council under the Resource Management Act 1991. Once lodged with Council, they are planning documents that Council is required to take into account when preparing or changing RMA Plans (e.g. the Regional Policy Statement, Air Quality Plan or Nelson Resource Management Plan).
Iwi Management Plans document Iwi worldview and aspirations for the management of resources, and help Councillors and staff to better understand those issues. Integrating the iwi management plan into Nelson City Council’s policy framework is part of Council’s approach to statutory compliance and acting in partnership with local iwi.
The following Iwi Management Plans have been lodged with Council:
- Pakohe Management Plan 2015 (2.8MB PDF) (Ngati Kuia)
- Nga Taonga Tuku Iho Ki Whakatū Management Plan 2004 (792KB PDF) (Ngati Rarua, Rangitira, Te Atiawa, Ngati Koata, Ngati Tama)
- Iwi Management Plan 2002 (1.6MB PDF) (Ngati Koata)
- Te Tau Ihu Mahi Tuna (Eel Management Plan) 2000 (6.3MB PDF) (all Iwi)
- Environmental Management Plan 2018 (4MB PDF) (Ngāti Tama)