Use our Op Shop map to help reduce textile waste
Council encourages reducing textile waste to reduce waste going to landfill. Textile production and the clothing industry has a big environmental footprint and recognised impacts on climate change.
Council supports the recycling of unwanted clothing by using Op Shops, and we've produced a flyer and Op Shop map to help people make the most of Nelson's second-hand clothing resources.
Op Shop Series by Elizabeth Bean
- A new year in second-hand clothing (4.4MB PDF)
- The pleasures and perils of op shopping (7.2MB PDF)
- Be part of the solution not the pollution (4.4MB PDF)
- Fashionably slow and stylish (6.5MB PDF)
- Taking the slow road to stepping out in style (4.1MB PDF)
- Hunting for old to combat the cold (5.4MB PDF)
- Gems of wisdom from fashion friends (5MB PDF)