By proceeding to the information beyond this notice, each user waives and releases the Nelson City Council to the full extent permitted by law from any and all claims relating to the usage of material or information made available through the system.
In no event shall the Nelson City Council be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from use of the material. In particular and without limit to the generality of the above, information provided in publications of the Nelson City Council is considered to be true and correct at the time of publication.
Changes in circumstances after time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information and the Nelson City Council gives no assurance as to the accuracy of any information or advice contained.
The content and behaviours of this website are copyright to Nelson City Council (NCC). We authorise you to access and view material displayed on this website, print individual pages and download a single copy of the material of this website for your personal, non-commercial use.
Unless otherwise stated, all content available on this website is our exclusive property and is protected by the Copyright Act 1994 (New Zealand) and international copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights and laws. No content or images from this site may be reproduced or modified without prior written consent from the webmaster.
Nelson City Council respects your privacy.
NCC has areas on its website where you may choose to offer information about you and your interests, such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address. If you choose to share any personal information with us, we may store it and use it for continuing communication. In addition, we will
- only use that information in our dealings with you
- keep that information secure
- not disclose that information to any third party.
For email correspondence, NCC will offer easy opt-out options as stated in the Direct Marketing Code of Practice. You are also able to request any personal details we have on file in accordance with the Privacy Act (1993).
NCC may also collect non-personalised information on your site visit. This information includes your internet service provider, the time and length of your visit, the pages you look at on our sites, and the method by which you arrived at our site. We use this information only to measure site activity and to develop ideas for improving our sites.
All enquiries about or formal requests for information in terms of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, or the Privacy Act 1993 should be in writing to:
Nelson City Council
PO Box 645
For more detailed information about the Privacy Act you can refer to the Privacy Commissioner's website.
Summary of the Privacy Act 1993 - Privacy Commissioner's website
If you are concerned that the Council may have breached the Privacy Act or if you are not sure of our obligations, you can call the Privacy Commissioner's Privacy Hotline: 0800 803 909.
To keep Nelsonians up-to-date on our activities, we are filming some of our meetings. You will know which meetings are being filmed as there will be a sign clearly stating this before you enter into the meeting room. We will broadcast the footage live online and a link to recordings will be available on our website.
The filming will cover elected members as they speak and debate at the meeting. The filming will also include anyone speaking at public forum.
When filming meetings, we may collect, store and publish personal information about people attending the meetings. This is because personal information can include a person’s voice or image.
- Purpose: we are filming meetings as it in the public interest to have transparent and accessible decision-making at public meetings.
- The intended recipients of the information are the general public who can access the footage via a link on our website. In other words, the footage will be publicly available.
- The name and address of the agency that is collecting the information; and the agency that will hold the information is Nelson City Council, through its agent Tandem Studios.
If you have any questions or concerns on the filmed footage, please contact
Nelson City Council
PO Box 645
This applies only to Nelson City Council meeting footage, not to footage taken by any other entity (including the media).
Links to other websites
This website has links to many other government agencies. In a few cases we link to private organisations. The fact that this website provides links to other websites does not imply that Nelson City Council approves or endorses any information on those other websites or any views expressed on them.
By entering the promotion, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- Unless stated, promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Neighbourly, or any other channel used to promote a competition.
- Any decisions made by Nelson City Council in regard to any part of the promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nelson City Council reserves the right to amend, change or cancel the promotion and/or the terms and conditions of the promotion at any time.
- Unless otherwise stated, only Nelson residents are eligible to enter.
- Nelson City Council staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- Entries must be made within the timeframe specified in each post to be eligible.
- Previous winners of Council run competitions will not be eligible to enter for a period of 90 days.
- The winner will be notified by Nelson City Council via Facebook or through other contact details submitted when entering the promotion. Where attempts to contact the winner fail, Nelson City Council reserves the right to select another winner.
- Nelson City Council reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or lesser value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives, in whole or in part.
- By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges that their name and photograph may be used by Nelson City Council for publicity purposes at their discretion.